Friday, August 3, 2012

Today


August 2
I feel like rambling about my twins and toddler. The girls are sitting in their chairs eating breakfast...scrambled eggs, chicken pieces, carrot pieces, and green beans. They like variety. :) They are picky! They are also messy. Bomani had me thoroughly spoiled. He was careful, ate easily, and is still not messy. :)
Bomani just finished his cream and blueberry kifer. He wiped his blue mouth on his shirt sleeve, which did not make me happy. So much for not being messy!
The girls are now crawling up and down the stairs. Since we have concrete at the bottom, we piled pillows and stuff there to break the falls. Hazel fell most often, but then she also was going up and down quite a while before Daisy was. Daisy was much more wary, and would stop at one or two steps up, fussing for help. Hazel would go all the way up then whimper away. :) I am so happy now that they both go up and down! It was taking a lot of energy to run up to fetch them all the time. Our stairs are steep, and Hazel was barely able to reach her feet down from one to the other. :) 
August 3
Life continues. Bomani is doing well with his new potty trained self. It's just...interesting to take a little potty whenever you go somewhere with him. These are things inexperienced moms like me did not think of ahead of time. :) Like yesterday afternoon I took him shopping with me. Interesting. :)
Today I began my herbal regimen to heal my stomach ulcers! I am quite hopeful, and praying that God would heal through this.  After calling Dr. Christopher's office and asking them about the diet, I got some more help on what I can and can't eat for the next 3-4 weeks. I can eat meat!!! And after some more study, I decided I can eat eggs. Now I feel like I can easily survive. :) In fact, that's a lot of how we usually eat. I just ate carbs and dairy between meals when I got hungry. Now I can't. :) I walk around, open the fridge, and say, "what can a person eat at 10:00 at night? Vegetables? Spare me." :) That's when seeds and nuts come in handy. For the herbs, I need to take 5 caps 5 times a day, and for the bulk of the time, 5 caps 5 times a day of Healing Digestion and 2 caps 3 times a day of Intestinal Sweep. Plus a few more. You think you're hungry till you fill your stomach with all that! And I never liked swallowing pills. Ask my mom. 
Last night we went to the youth/young marrieds joint volley-ball social. It was so incredibly fun! I told Craig on the way home, next time the youth have a v-ball social we should drop our kids off somewhere and go play! I hadn't played for...I believe over two years. I played barefoot as my gym shoes are in another country. I could probably play best that way anyway, because I never wear shoes and am not used to them. But my one foot got stepped on twice, and it came home bruised. :) That's when I'm glad for comfrey salve! Then today I stubbed the toes on the other foot so badly one of them bled. So I'm nearly lame. :) But the hanging out and v-ball last night was awesome! So grateful for that.
Lately we have been lacto-fermenting vegetables! The salsa is amazing. It's the kind of thing you can eat a lot of and wish for more. The cabbage takes a bit of effort, and the cucumbers that you put in a salt brine with dill and garlic...take a lot of effort for me, but Craig eats them. :) They are so zippy you start wondering... :) 
Thank you to dear friends for your encouragement and prayer. We are very grateful, and continue to need it. This is a really hard time for us. But we're grateful for what God is doing, and want to trust His love, and His amazing path for us. Pray that we would hear Him clearly, for we know He is speaking and working! And we want to follow His plan. It's hard to be in limbo for years...but God has a reason, or reasons, and I know they are good! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment