Friday, October 19, 2012

Update on Super Tonic

That was one recipe. :) I found that Karen's recipe is a little different, and remarkably less potent. Note that Karen's tonic is about as potent a tonic as I'd like to take. :) So this is how she (and I) do it:

1 cup each of:
onion
horseradish
ginger
jalapino peppers
garlic

Put into blender with plenty of apple cider vinegar. Blend until chopped. Pour into a gallon glass jar. Fill with apple cider vinegar. Set for 2 weeks, shaking every day. I open the lid every day too because pressure builds up inside. After that, strain and bottle it. Take a teaspoon or tablespoon in plenty of water if you feel the flu coming on. You can take it every hour. It works!

Because of the kind of cook that I am, I did not measure anything--I guessed. :) It won't kill us! And I didn't use as much apple cider vinegar because it's so expensive! You want the raw stuff with the mother in it, as they call it. Weird, I know. :)

Okay lata.

No comments:

Post a Comment