Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Just a small update

Hi friends!
It is super awesome to be out on the town on a date and get-away afternoon. This is heightened by the potty training of my firstborn this week past. It keeps you close to home, very close to home. :) It adds a busyness and trauma to life you never dreamed of in your days of singlehood. :) But--the awesome part is, we are over the worst of it! He is doing quite well, but there are still scattered accidents. The first two days, I will refrain from describing. Let's just say that I was actually excited about potty training Bomani. And after the first five hours I wondered if I will ever learn to stop being so everlastingly optimistic about so many things in life. But now, I'm so happy that we did it, and so happy to have only two in diapers. :) He doesn't talk a lot yet, so maybe it was a bit premature, but he can easily understand things, and communicate, so...well, three in diapers has a way of pushing you to extremes at times. I know, lots of you out there had more than that in diapers at once. But I'm of the younger, soft generation. :)
And now...I am about to embark upon a new, frightening, difficult three weeks. I am going to do a very intense, strict diet/herbal regimen to rid me once and for all (hopefully) of painful stomach ulcers that have dogged me for ten years or so. For about three weeks, while I do several different herbal intakes, I can eat only vegetables, olive oil, salt, blackstrap molassas, seeds, and nuts. I can cheat a bit on meat, which I might if I get so desperately hungry I think I'm going to die, but the best will happen if I am strict with the diet. I feel hungry just thinking about it. :)
We plan to take a trip to VA over Labor Day! We're excited about that. We plan to drive... :) You can also pray for me because it looks difficult and painful, and yet a very important step in the grieving journey. Thank you.
Okay--gotta run! Blessings of peace~
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment